WSET Level 2 Course £325
The WSET courses provide nationally-recognised qualifications for Wine Industry professionals and enthusiastic amateurs. The courses are all examined and certificated within a QCA-approved National Qualifications Framework.
NB. The Level 2 Award Course (formerly known as the Intermediate Course) is an entry level wine course - you do not need to have done any other wine courses to attend this and gain the Level 2 Certificate!
The WSET Level 2 Award (NQF Level 2)
The WSET Level 2 Award Course is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.
The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification. This qualification provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress to Level 3.
- Wine Tasting :Taste and describe wines using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching : A guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Wine Service and Storage : Learn the correct way to store and serve wine and recognise common faults found in wines
- Social Responsibility : A guide to sensible drinking
- Labelling : Learn how to decode and understand labels
- Factors influencing the Style of Wine : Study the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wine in the vineyard and winery
- Grape Varieties : Learn about the styles of wines produced by the key international and regionally important grape varieties
- Key White grape varieties: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling
Other white varieties: Chenin Blanc, Gewurztraminer, Muscadet, Pinot Gris/Grigio, Semillon, Torrontés, Trebbiano and Verdicchio
- Key Black grape varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
Other red varieties: Barbera, Carmenère, Gamay, Malbec, Montepulciano, Nebbiolo, Pinotage, Primitivo, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and Zinfandel
- Key Wine-Producing regions of the World: Learn about the main styles of wines from the key wine-producing regions. France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, USA, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa
- Number of Wines Tasted: 30 wines and 4 spirits will be tasted as part of the course
- Study Materials : Students will receive an Level 2 course study pack, consisting of the course book (a comprehensive guide to the wines of the world - illustrated with detailed maps & label explanations), a study guide (complete with maps, example questions, and forms for your own tasting notes) and laminated tasting card.
- Duration of course : 3 Days or 8 Evenings Exam on Final Day.
- Recommended Private Study : 12 hours additional private study is recommended for this course. It is strongly recommended that the majority of the private study is done in preparation for the course.
- Modes of Study : Day Release (one day a week for three weeks) / Evening (one evening a week for eight weeks)
- Examination : 50 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 1 hour. A mark of 55% required to pass
- Certification : All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin
If you're interested in learning more about our WSET courses, or if you'd like any information about forthcoming dates and prices, then please give Ruth a call on 0117 370 6576 or email us at email@example.com
3 Full Days - Mondays 25th June and 2nd, 9th July 2018 - The WSET Level 2 Award Course Please Note: the deadline for booking your place on this course is Monday 11th June to
Places remaining: 6
Date/Time: 25th Jun 2018 at 11am - 6pm
Venue: Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol
3 Full Days - Tuesdays 11th and 18th and 25th September 2018 - The WSET Level 2 Award Course Please Note: the deadline for booking your place on this course is Tuesday 21st
Places remaining: 15
Date/Time: 11th Sep 2018 at 11am - 6pm
Venue: Miller and Carter, Bath BA1 1DE