Bristol: Saturday Introduction to Wine with Lunch
+++++++ Edit: Now to be held at The Royal Navy Volunteer on King Street ++++++++
Champagne on arrival, fine dining small plates and wine tasting at the legendary Bristol restaurant Bells Diner - what a way to spend a Saturday!
Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine journey tasting at least 13 wines from around the world, with Champagne on arrival. No previous experience necessary!
Tckle your tastebuds for what's in store with a peek at a this sample Bells Diner Lunch Menu - just delicious!
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- Improve your senses! - Nez du Vin
Fine dining small plates lunch at the legendary Bristol restaurant Bells Diner
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 13 Wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing and serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching tips and advice
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift - just ask us to send you a Gift Voucher when you book.
Places remaining: 8
Course Date/Time: Sat 25th Nov 2017 at 11:00am
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Royal Navy Volunteer, King Street