Saturday Introduction to Wine Lunch - Bath
Champagne on arrival, a two-course lunch and wine tasting at the wonderful Miller & Carter - what a way to spend a Saturday!
Enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine tasting day with at least 13 wines from around the world. No previous experience necessary.
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- Improve your senses! - Nez du Vin
Three course lunch at Miller and Carter, Bath
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 13 Wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching tips & advice
To purchase this as a gift simply let us know when you've made your booking and we'll post you a Gift Voucher. Alternatively, If you are unsure of which type of tasting you would like to book - why not buy one of our Gift Vouchers? You can choose the value of the voucher and can use it on any tasting that takes your fancy!
Places remaining: 4
Course Date/Time: Sat 18th Nov 2017 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hrs
Venue: Miller and Carter, Bath BA1 1DE