Saturday Introduction to Wine with Lunch - Bristol, Bells Diner
11am to 4pm, with fine dining small plates lunch at legendary Bristol restaurant Bell's Diner & Champagne.
Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine journey tasting at least 13 wines from around the world. No previous experience necessary! Champagne on arrival. A great way to spend your Saturday!
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- Improve your senses! - Nez du Vin
Three-course food and wine lunch at Goldbrick House
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 13 Wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching tips & advice
All our courses can be purchased as a Gift - just ask us to send you a Gift Voucher when you book.
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Sat 16th Mar 2019 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hrs
Venue: Bell's Diner, Birstol