Bristol - Saturday Introduction to Wine Course with Lunch
Join us for a Introduction to Wine day course, starting with a Champagne aperitif at 11am, a delicious fine dining small plates lunch at the legendary Bristol restaurant Bells Diner and 13 fantastic wines to taste before finishing at 4:00pm. A day of decadence!
Course Outline: (can vary)
- Session 1a: Introduction to Wine Tasting - How to taste wines; aroma, taste, describing wines with Clifton Wine School's 'easy approach' to wine tasting
- Session 1b: Improve your senses with the Nez du Vin & recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Session 2: The Effect of Climate - hot versus cool & Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- Session 3: How Wine is Made - grapes, fermentation
- Session 4a: Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet
- Session 4b: Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay,
- Session 5: Old World Classics vs New World Wines
- Session 6: Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
- Tutored Tasting of 13 Wines, full tasting notes
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine
- How to spot wine faults
This is a great opportunity to meet like-minded people and taste world-class wines with a lunch crammed in too! Included in this fantastic experience is a three course lunch & a welcome Champagne!
To purchase this as a gift simply let me know when you've made your booking and I'll post you a Gift Voucher. Alternatively, If you are unsure of which type of tasting you would like to book - why not buy one of our Gift Vouchers? You can choose the value of the voucher and can use it on any tasting that takes your fancy!
Places remaining: 6
Course Date/Time: Sat 1st Dec 2018 at 11am-4pm
Duration: 5 Hours
Venue: Bells Diner, Bristol