WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits - Bristol
WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
This qualification aims to provide the basic product knowledge and skills in the service of spirits to help prepare a person for jobs in hospitality or in other sectors of the spirits industry. This course will also appeal to the interested spirits consumer. Approximately 15 spirits are tasted and analysed. You will gain a deeper understanding of Distillation, Whisky, Gin, Liqueur, Cognac, Tequila and Rum.
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT?
The aim of the course is to give a basic introduction into spirits including detail on how to market and serve them, how they are made and how to taste like a professional. You will taste and analyse approximately 15 spirits. It's also a lot of fun!
Successful students will receive a certificate and WSET Level 1 Award in spirits lapel pin.
- The main categories of spirits
- Learn all about Whisky, Gin, Rum, Cognac, Tequila, Vodka and Liqueurs! How are they made? Why are some so much more expensive than others?
- Process of distillation
- Factors affecting the flavour of spirit
- The WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits
- Health, safety and legal issues
- Service and sales of spirits
- To gain the qualification students need to successfully pass a multiple choice paper of 30 questions
- To view the course specification click here
Students and candidates who are under the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of alcoholic beverages in the country where the examination is being held will NOT be allowed to sample any alcoholic beverages as part of their course, but this is NOT a barrier for successfully completing the qualification.
How to gain the qualification: At the end of the day you must successfully complete a multiple choice paper of 30 questions
Our venue for this course is the Radisson Blu Hotel in Bristol city centre. Visit the Venues page for more information
Places remaining: 14
Course Date/Time: Sun 4th Mar 2018 at 11am-6pm
Duration: 1 Day
Venue: Radisson Blu Hotel, Bristol