Saturday Introduction to Wine with Lunch - Bristol
Champagne on arrival, fine dining small plates and wine tasting at the legendary Bristol restaurant the amazing Kensington Arms.
What a lovely way to spend a Saturday!
Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine journey tasting at least 13 wines from around the world.
Includes a 2 course Lunch Tickle your tastebuds with this sample menu
What could you learn?
- Be introduced to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 13 Wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching tips & advice
This makes an excellent gift for the wine and food lover in your life! To purchase this for someone else simply let me know when you've made your booking and I'll post you a Gift Voucher. Alternatively you can buy an open Gift Voucher with no expiry date.
Places remaining: 8
Course Date/Time: Sat 21st Sep 2019 at 11am-4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Kensington Arms