Bath Saturday Introduction to Wine Course with Lunch
You’ve got to make every penny work its hardest when you pamper yourself. When you splash out on fancy food, you want to make it sing in harmony with the wine, especially at dinner parties. But how do you choose from the thousands of wines available? We’ll show you how to taste wines, how to identify the wines you like best, and how to pick the perfect wine for any meal. We’ll take you to the next level of luxury.
Join us for an Introduction to Wine day course, starting with a Champagne aperitif at 11am, a delicious two-course lunch and 13 fantastic wines to taste before finishing at 4pm. A day of decadence!
- Introduction to Wine Tasting - How to taste wines; aroma, taste, describing wines with Clifton Wine School's 'easy approach' to wine tasting
- Improve your senses with the Nez du Vin & recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- The Effect of Climate - hot versus cool & Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- How Wine is Made - grapes, fermentation
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- Old World Classics vs New World Wines
- Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tasting.
- Tutored Tasting of 13 Wines, full tasting notes, wine colour chart
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- How to spot wine faults
This is a great opportunity to meet like-minded people and taste world-class wines with a lunch crammed in too! Included in this fantastic experience is a two course lunch & a welcome Champagne! Tickle your tastebuds with a peek at the gallery on the Chequers website.
If you are unsure of which type of tasting you would like to book - why not buy one of our Gift Vouchers? You can choose the value of the voucher and can use it on any tasting that takes your fancy!
Places remaining: 14
Course Date/Time: Sat 25th May 2019 at 11am to 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: The Chequers, Bath