Saturday Introduction to Wine with Lunch - Bristol - Bell's Diner
You’ve got to make every penny work its hardest when you pamper yourself. When you splash out on fancy food, you want to make it sing in harmony with the wine, especially at dinner parties. But how do you choose from the thousands of wines available? We’ll show you how to taste wines, how to identify the wines you like best, and how to pick the perfect wine for any meal. We’ll take you to the next level of luxury.
Champagne on arrival, seasonal dining 4 plate meal and wine tasting in the private room of the wonderful restaurant Bells Diner, on Whiteladies Road in Bristol.
Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine journey tasting at least 13 wines from around the world. No previous experience necessary!
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
- Improve your senses! - Nez du Vin
Three-course food and wine lunch at Goldbrick House
- How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching tips & advice
This makes an excellent gift for the wine and food lover in your life! To purchase this for someone else simply let me know when you've made your booking and I'll post you a Gift Voucher. Alternatively you can buy an open Gift Voucher with no expiry date.
Places remaining: 1
Course Date/Time: Sat 2nd Feb 2019 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: The Kensington Arms, Redland, Bristol