WSET Level 2 Course £345
"I studied with Ruth at Clifton Wine School for my West level 3 qualification. Every session was a lot of fun, and the wines were well chosen and interesting. We learnt a lot each time, and it never felt too much like hard work! I’d gladly study with Ruth again for further qualifications, and I continue to send my staff to her for their WSET level 2 and 3 courses as they always seem to do well and enjoy themselves."
Richard Tring, Director, Bath Street Bars
Our award-winning WSET training will give you the edge in the employment market. Wine and Spirit Education Trust courses provide globally recognised qualifications for Wine Industry professionals and enthusiastic amateurs.
in 2018 we were thrilled to win a Crumbs award. The judges chose us because of our great testimonials and students winning international recognition. They praised us as “highly valuable to the industry” thanks to “real expertise”.
Our local wine school network won Riedel’s WSET Educator of the Year in 2015 and members of our network have gone on to be nomiated and win again in subsequent years.
Make yourself shine with a WSET qualification.
The courses are all examined and certificated within a QCA-approved National Qualifications Framework.
NB. The Level 2 Award Course is an entry level wine course - you do not need to have done any other wine courses to attend this and gain the Level 2 Certificate! Not sure if this is the right level for you? Click here to view the Course Specification including sample exam questions.
This qualification is intended for beginners wishing to learn about a wide range of wines or those seeking to build on the introductory knowledge gained with the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines. You’ll gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce. Through a combination of tasting and theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
- Wine Tasting :Taste and describe wines using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching : A guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Wine Service and Storage : Learn the correct way to store and serve wine and recognise common faults found in wines
- Labelling : Learn how to decode and understand labels
- Factors influencing the Style of Wine : Study the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wine in the vineyard and winery
- Grape Varieties : Learn about the styles of wines produced by the key international and regionally important grape varieties
- Key White grape varieties: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling
Other white varieties: Chenin Blanc, Gewurztraminer, Muscadet, Pinot Gris/Grigio, Semillon, Torrontés, Trebbiano and Verdicchio
- Key Black grape varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
Other red varieties: Barbera, Carmenère, Gamay, Malbec, Montepulciano, Nebbiolo, Pinotage, Primitivo, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and Zinfandel
- Key Wine-Producing regions of the World: Learn about the main styles of wines from the key wine-producing regions. France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, USA, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa
- Number of Wines Tasted: approx 30 wines will be tasted as part of the course
- Study Materials : Students will receive an Level 2 course study pack, consisting of the course book (a comprehensive guide to the wines of the world - illustrated with detailed maps & label explanations), a study guide (complete with maps, example questions, and forms for your own tasting notes) and laminated tasting card.
- Duration of course : 3 Days - Exam on Final Day.
- Recommended Private Study : 12 hours additional private study is recommended for this course.
- Modes of Study : Day Release (one day a week for three weeks) / Evening (one evening a week for eight weeks)
- Examination : 50 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 1 hour. A mark of 55% required to pass
- Certification : All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin
If you're interested in learning more about our WSET courses, or if you'd like any information about forthcoming dates and prices, then please give Ruth a call on 0117 370 6576 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines course in Bath is suitable for anybody who has a serious interest in wine and wishes to broaden their knowledge in a structured
Places remaining: 4
Date/Time: 6th Sep 2020 at 11am - 6pm
Venue: The Grapes, Bath