WSET Level 1 Course £145
Our award-winning WSET training will give you the edge in the employment market.
We won a Crumbs Award in November 2018. The judges chose us because of our great testimonials and students winning international recognition. They praised us as “highly valuable to the industry” thanks to “real expertise”.
Our local wine school network won Riedel’s WSET Educator of the Year in 2015 and members of our network have been nominated four years out of the last six.
Make yourself shine with a WSET qualification.
The WSET Level 1 Award Certificate is a good introductory first course for the wine enthusiast who wishes to be introduced in a structured way to - wine styles, storing and serving of wine, and food and wine matching and also provides the basic product knowledge and skills in the service and retail of wine to prepare a person for their first job in hospitality or retail.
- Wine Tasting : Taste and describe wines using the WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching : A practical guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Wine Service and Storage : Learn the correct way to store and serve wine and recognise common faults found in wine
- Social Responsibility : A guide to sensible drinking
- Types and Styles of Wine : Learn about what makes wines taste different
- Grape Varieties : Learn about the characteristics and styles of wines produced from the main grape varieties
- Main white grape varieties: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling
- Main black grape varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
- Named Wines : White: Pinot Grigio, Muscadet, Sancerre, Chablis, Sauternes
- Red: Claret, Beaujolais, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rioja, Chianti
- Number of Wines Tasted : minimum 9 wines will be tasted as part of the course
- Study Materials : Students will receive the Foundation Certificate Study Guide
- Duration of course : 1 day inclusive of examination
- Modes of Study : Day Release
- Examination : 30 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes. A mark of 70% required to pass
- Certification : All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
A minimum of 9 wines will be tasted as part of the course, all students receive a Level 1 Award Certificate Study Guide. Course Duration - 1 day inclusive of examination (30 multiple choice questions).
The Fee of £145 includes
- All WSET course study materilas
- 9 wines to taste
- food & wine matching
- professional WSET tuition by WSET-Certified Tutor
- Registration and examination fee
- internationally-recognised WSET qualification certificate
- We teach you the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT) ® which will enable you to analyse wines objectively and consistently
Not sure if this is the right level for you? Click here to view the Course Specification including sample exam questions.
WEDNESDAY EVENING COURSE. The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is the ideal starting point for anybody new to wine, or those beginning a career in hospitality. What the course covers:
Places remaining: 5
Date/Time: 6th Jan 2021 at 7-9pm
Venue: Your home
SATURDAY COURSE - 3 Sessions The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is the ideal starting point for anybody new to wine, or those beginning a career in hospitality. What the course
Places remaining: 8
Date/Time: 23rd Jan 2021 at 12pm-2pm
Venue: Your home
WSET Level 1 Award ===CLASSROOM BASED=== The WSET Level 1 Award Certificate is a good introductory first course for the wine enthusiast who wishes to be introduced in a structured way to -
Places remaining: 10
Date/Time: 31st Jan 2021 at 11am - 6pm
Venue: Famous Royal Navy Volunteer, King Street
TWO CONSECUTIVE WEEKDAY AFTERNOONS The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is the ideal starting point for anybody new to wine, or those beginning a career in hospitality. What the course covers:
Places remaining: 6
Date/Time: 2nd Feb 2021 at 2.30-5pm
Venue: Your home