Wine Tasting Bristol & Bath from Clifton Wine School
Our face to face events will start again soon!
We’re currently working hard behind the scenes with our venues and plan to run our face to face events as soon as possible. We will be introducing enhanced hygiene and social distancing measures designed to keep you safe and can’t wait to taste wine with our guests again.
A very warm welcome to the award winning Clifton Wine School! We are a local, independent wine education company, based in Bristol and specialise inhosting wine tastings and wine courses in Bristol and Bath. Our courses are open to everyone - no previous wine tasting experience is necessary.
Bristol's independent wine school is owned & run by Ruth Wiles DipWSET. Ruth has completed the WSET Diploma qualification and is a qualified educator and assessor with the Wine and Spirits Education Trust. Our wine courses and wine tastings focus on learning about wine in a fun, relaxed and informal environment.
+++ Please remember that from Monday 14th September we cannot accept booking of groups larger than 6+++
+++ New Online Courses Available+++
We are now offering a range of Virtual Tastings from Home. These are "just for fun" tastings we are now also offering a range of online professional qualifications.
WSET Qualifications in Wine are now available as online courses these are OFQUAL certified, internationally recognised courses, taught through LIVE webinars - they are not distance learning, but small tutored groups.
If you wish to support Clifton Wine School through these uncertain times, please purchase a gift voucher as these will be valid for a full 2 years.
"I studied with Ruth at Clifton Wine School for my West level 3 qualification. Every session was a lot of fun, and the wines were well chosen and interesting. We learnt a lot each time, and it never felt too much like hard work! I’d gladly study with Ruth again for further qualifications, and I continue to send my staff to her for their Wset level 2 and 3 courses as they always seem to do well and enjoy themselves."
Richard Tring, Director, Bath Street Bars
"Great day out - 5 Stars!
I went with a friend for the day as a birthday present. The venue was great, the food very good and the wine even better. Ruth (running the course) was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We had a great time, drank some great wine and even learnt something! I would recommend to anyone."
-Anna Revell on TripAdvisor
"Best birthday present ever - 5 Stars!
We had a fantastic time at the cheese, charcuterie and wine matching evening.
Ruth was incredibly knowledgeable and so friendly! She answered all of our ridiculous questions and explained clearly how to taste the wine like an expert.
We came away with practical info on how to choose wine well, whether in a supermarket or off a wine list or just down at the pub.
A brilliant evening and excellent value.”
-Bradshaw88 on TripAdvisor
Read other independent reviews on Trip Advisor
Our Wine Courses and evening Wine Tastings in Bristol and Bath are for all levels of experience and focus on enjoying wine and learning in a relaxed setting:
- Gift Vouchers - from £25 - Our wine tastings make perfect gifts, and we offer Gift Vouchers for all of our events.
- Introduction to Wine Tasting - £25 - is a 2 hour course which runs on a weekday evening between 7pm and 9pm. This is a great introduction to the world of wine that really whets the appetite for one of the longer courses. Buy a Gift Voucher. Click here for our next courses in Bristol or Bath.
- Bristol Saturday Courses - £90- includes Champagne and a fine dining small plates lunch and runs from 11am-4pm at the legendary Bristol restaurant Kensington Arms. This is a really lovely, relaxed day sampling 13 different wines and you'll get a really good grounding in the world's most important wine styles. Buy a Gift Voucher or Click here for details of upcoming courses.
- Bath Saturday Courses - £90 - includes a 2 course lunch and Champagne and runs from 11am-4pm at The Chequers. This is a lovely, relaxed day sampling 13 different wines and you'll get a really good grounding in the world's most important wine styles. Buy a Gift Voucher or Click here for details of upcoming courses.
- 8-Week World Tour (Bristol and Bath) - £200 - This is our flagship course. Now running in Bristol and Bath. It runs for one evening a week over 8 consecutive weeks, with a different region explored each time. By the time you've finished the course you'll be a bit of an expert having tasted over 50 different wines! Don't worry about the time commitment either - if you can't make an evening you can just pick it up the next time around. A great way to meet like-minded people who share a passion for wine. Our next course dates for 2017 are available here.
- Single Evening Tastings - from £25 - For a full list of Single Evening Tastings in Bristol click here and for Bath click here.
- Food and Wine Matching - from £30 - With a host of different events for food and wine lovers. We are running, Charcuterie, Cheese and Wine Matching evenings and Chocolate and Wine Matching evenings.
- Spirits Tastings - from £30 - Available in Bristol and Bath, with more dates to come.
WSET Level One Award in Wines (1 day) - £145 We are a fully approved programme provider of the professional OFQUAL accredited WSET (Wine and Spirit Educational Trust) courses. These are structured (and assessed) courses for those with a keen interest in wine looking to either further their career prospects within the wine and spirits industry or to develop their own knowledge for personal development. The Level 1 course is perfect for the absolute beginner. The course runs for 1 full day with the examination at the end of the day.
WSET Level Two Award in Wines (3 days) - £345 These are structured (and assessed) courses for those with a keen interest in wine looking to either further their career prospects within the wine and spirits industry or to develop their own knowledge for personal development. It is not usually necessary to sit the Level 1 course before hand as long as you hold a basic knowledge about wine.
WSET Level Three Award in Wines (6 days) - £675 Now offering the WSET Level 3 Qualification in Wines. Recognised internationally, this qualification gives you a thorough understanding of wines and spirits. We strongly suggest that you undertake the Level 2 Qualification before this course, however, it is not a requirement. For details of our upcoming courses see here.
Clifton Wine School is an independent wine education company, not affiliated to any wine merchants or retailers. We do not sell wine, we run Wine Tastings and Wine Courses in Bristol and Bath for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it (no previous wine tasting experience necessary).
To see all the Wine Tastings and Wine Courses we are running in Bristol and Bath over the next few months - just click here.
We also run fabulous courses at other locations across the UK - click here to learn more...
Venues and Times
Clifton Wine School uses three venues in Bristol, both in the heart of Bristol and easy to reach.
In Bristol our Evening Wine Tastings & Courses are held at the lovely Radisson Blu Hotel, Broad Quay, Bristol BS1 4BY. An ideal Bristol city-centre location, with a fantastic array of pubs, restaurants and transport options nearby. The scenic Old Town is only a short walk away, while numerous cafés, restaurants and bars are at the hotel's doorstep.
Our Saturday courses include a welcome glass of Champagne, a delicious fine dining small plates meal, and of course an amazing day sampling delicious wines tutored by a WSET-qualified local wine tutor! We host these at The Kensington Arms whose food has acheived national acclaim numerous times since being taken over by Michelin starred chef Josh Eggleton.
Not sure which course to select? Have a general enquiry about wine tastings or Clifton Wine School? Please call me on 0117 370 6576 or 07854 239926 and I will be delighted to help.
Or send me a note via the Contact Us page.
WINE TASTING FOR EVERYONE IN BRISTOL, CARDIFF AND BATH!
Other Wine Schools
We are proud to be part of the Local Wine School network - the only UK-wide network of independent wine schools. All our centres offer fun wine tastings and courses to suit everyone from absolute beginner to the serious enthusiast.
All our tastings can also be purchased as great gifts that can be redeemed at any of our wine schools across the UK. All our Gift Vouchers have FREE DELIVERY and are VALID for 2 YEARS. Check out our National website for further details - www.localwineschool.com
- Wine Tasting Fulham-London & Wine Courses Fulham-London
- Wine Tasting City-London & Wine Courses City-London
- Wine Tasting Streatham-London & Wine Courses Streatham-London
- Wine Tasting Camden-London & Wine Courses Camden-London
- Wine Tasting Edinburgh & Wine Courses Edinburgh
- Wine Tasting Glasgow & Wine Courses Glasgow
- Wine Tasting Manchester & Wine Courses Manchester
- Wine Tasting Birmingham & Wine Courses Birmingham
- Wine Tasting Leeds/York & Wine Courses Leeds/York
- Wine Tasting Bristol/Bath & Wine Courses Bristol/Bath
- Wine Tasting Newcastle upon Tyne & Wine Courses Newcastle upon Tyne
- Wine Tasting Nottingham & Derby & Wine Courses Nottingham & Derby
- Wine Tasting Brighton/Sussex & Wine Courses Brighton/Sussex
- Wine Tasting Kent/Tunbridge Wells & Wine Courses Kent/Tunbridge Wells
- Wine Tasting Cambridge & Wine Courses Cambridge
- Wine Tasting Norwich & Norfolk & Wine Courses Norwich & Norfolk
- Wine Tasting Essex & Wine Courses Essex
- Wine Tasting Shropshire & Wine Courses Shropshire
- Wine Tasting Hertfordshire & Wine Courses Hertfordshire
- Wine Tasting Lancashire & Wine Courses Lancashire
- Wine Tasting Milton Keynes & Wine Courses Milton Keynes
- Wine Tasting Hampshire - Wine Courses Southampton/Winchester
- Wine Tasting Surrey - Wine Courses & Wine Tastings in Guildford
- Wine Tasting Belfast/N Ireland & Wine Courses Belfast/N Ireland