WSET Level 1 Award in Wines - Bradford on Avon
WSET Level 1 Award
The WSET Level 1 Award Certificate is a good introductory first course for the wine enthusiast who wishes to be introduced in a structured way to - wine styles, storing and serving of wine, and food and wine matching and also provides the basic product knowledge and skills in the service and retail of wine to prepare a person for their first job in hospitality or retail.
Booking 2 at least 2 weeks in advance of the course is advised to ensure your place. Within two weeks of the course, please contact Ruth on 07854239926 to verify that we can still register you.
- Wine Tasting : Taste and describe wines using the WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching : A practical guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Wine Service and Storage : Learn the correct way to store and serve wine and recognise common faults found in wine
- Types and Styles of Wine : Learn about what makes wines taste different
- Grape Varieties : Learn about the characteristics and styles of wines produced from the main grape varieties
- Main white grape varieties: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling
- Main black grape varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
- Named Wines : White: Pinot Grigio, Muscadet, Sancerre, Chablis, Sauternes
- Red: Claret, Beaujolais, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rioja, Chianti
- Number of Wines Tasted : minimum 9 wines will be tasted as part of the course
- Study Materials : Students will receive the Foundation Certificate Study Guide
- Duration of course : 1 day inclusive of examination
- Modes of Study : Day Release
- Examination : 30 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes. A mark of 70% required to pass
- Certification : All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
- A minimum of 9 wines will be tasted as part of the course, all students receive a Level 1 Award Certificate Study Guide. Course Duration - 1 day inclusive of examination (30 multiple choice questions).
The Fee of £145 includes:
- study book
- 9 wines
- food & wine matching
- professional WSET tuition by WSET-Certified Tutor
- examination fees
- internationally-recognised WSET qualification certificate
Places remaining: 4
Course Date/Time: Sat 18th Jan 2020 at 11am - 6pm
Duration: 7 hours
Venue: Bunch of Grapes, Bradford on Avon