Bath Saturday Introduction to Wine Course with Lunch - Claremont
"The best way to spend a Saturday"
Join us for an Introduction to Wine day course, starting with a Champagne aperitif at 11am, a delicious lunch and 13 fantastic wines to taste before finishing at 4pm. A day of decadence!
- Introduction to Wine Tasting - How to taste wines; aroma, taste, describing wines with Clifton Wine School's 'easy approach' to wine tasting
- Improve your senses with the Nez du Vin & recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- The Effect of Climate - hot versus cool & Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- How Wine is Made - grapes, fermentation
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- Old World Classics vs New World Wines
- Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tasting.
- Tutored Tasting of 13 Wines, full tasting notes, wine colour chart
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- How to spot wine faults
This is a great opportunity to meet like-minded people and taste world-class wines with a lunch crammed in too! Included in this fantastic experience is a delicious lunch & a welcome Champagne!
If you are booking as a gift we can send you a gift certificate with all the details. If you are unsure of which type of tasting you would like to book - why not buy one of our Gift Vouchers? You can choose the value of the voucher and can use it on any tasting that takes your fancy!
Places remaining: 4
Course Date/Time: Sat 3rd Oct 2020 at 11am to 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: The Claremont, Claremont Road, Bath