WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
This qualification aims to provide the basic product knowledge and skills in the service of spirits to help prepare a person for jobs in hospitality or in other sectors of the spirits industry. This course will also appeal to the interested spirits consumer.
You will gain a deeper understanding of Distillation, Vodka, Whisky, Gin, Liqueur, Cognac, Tequila and Rum and how they are made.
TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE, PLEASE BOOK BY 19th JULY 2020. To book after this date please contact the wine school before booking to ensure we can accommodate you.
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT?
The aim of the course is to give a basic introduction into spirits including detail on how to market and serve them, how they are made and how to taste like a professional. We recommend that you purchase up to 8 spirits (available from justminiatures.co.uk) to support the course learning. This is recommended but not compulsory.
It's also a lot of fun!
Successful students will receive a WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits certificate and lapel pin.
The exam can now be held remotely (online from your own home). The price of the remote exam is included in the cost of the course, however you will need to arrange the date of this exam with your wine school. 15 working days notice required.
- The main categories of spirits
- Learn all about Whisky, Gin, Rum, Cognac, Tequila, Vodka and Liqueurs! How are they made? Why are some so much more expensive than others?
- Process of distillation
- Factors affecting the flavour of spirit
- The WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits
- Service and sales of spirits
- To gain the knowledge students need to successfully pass a multiple choice paper of 30 questions
- To view the course specification click here
Please make the school aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.