WSET Level 1 Online - 3 consecutive Saturdays
SATURDAY COURSE - 3 Sessions
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is the ideal starting point for anybody new to wine, or those beginning a career in hospitality.
What the course covers:
- The basic skills and product knowledge required for the service and retail of wine
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to make food and wine pairings
- How to store and serve wine
- How to taste wine using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting. SAT
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines has full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 1 Vocational Qualification.
We recommend you read the course specification document before you sign up for the course. You can read this document by clicking here
- This course is an online weekend course format, delivered over 3 consecutive Saturdays
- The Level 1 Award in Wines online course covers the same syllabus as the classroom course and is delivered in LIVE virtual lessons by one of our certified wine educators
- The course includes 6 hours online tuition in 3 x 2 hr sessions
- Your tutor will provide a guided tasting of 6 wines with you on this course (for details of how to order the wines for your course see below)
- You will receive access to practice multiple-choice revision questions specific to this course
- You will be sent details of how to join your LIVE sessions when you book
Please note a reliable broadband connection is essential for the completion of this online course as are basic computer skills.
· To obtain the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Qualification, you will need to successfully pass the exam. The exam is made up of 30 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 45 minutes. You must answer at least 70% correctly to pass the exam.
The exam can now be taken remotely from your own home. You will need access to 2 devices including a laptop as well as a smart phone or tablet to take the remote exam. We will need 3 weeks notice to book in your online exam which can be taken on a day of your choice.
Course Schedule & Important Dates:
- Registration Deadline: Tuesday 19th January 2021
- Sat 23rd Jan 2021 12-2pm
- Sat 30th Jan 2021 12-2pm
- Sat 6th Feb 2021 12-2pm
The course fee of £135 Includes:
- Course study guide, posted to you at no extra charge
- LIVE virtual, interactive sessions taught by a Local Wine School WSET Certified Tutor
- Exclusive access to practice multiple choice questions
- Internationally recognised WSET qualification certificate and pin for those who pass the exam
- The online exam fee.
It is recommended that 6 wines are tasted as part of this course, although this is optional and not essential to complete the course. Please note that the cost of wines is not included in the course fee above.
Our wine experts have specially selected wine styles for this course aligned to demonstrate specific learning outcomes. They will recommend the styles you should buy when you book your course – they are all available from high street wine retailers. If you wish to taste the wines you will be required to purchase the wines and to have them available for your online sessions. The wines total £59.
Details of how to order your case of wines will be provided in advance of your course.
Special Educational Needs:
Please make the school aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
Places remaining: 8
Course Date/Time: Sat 23rd Jan 2021 at 12pm-2pm
Duration: 3 Saturdays
Venue: Your home